Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heading back to Umbria and Il Convento Mincione

Salve Tutti,

I'm heading back to Umbria and Il Convento Mincione after a fabulous NYC 'stay'cation and feeling very mixed emotions.

I'll be bringing you the latest of what's up in our region as soon as I get settled.

In the meantime, keep your eyes posted for our mini-advert in Brides Magazine UK  (print edition), which will appear on your news stands (if you live in the UK) on March 30th.

We also have have a new 'Special Wedding Preview Offer' running until June 17th.  Check it out on our web site http://www.thisoldconvent.com/.

And now, here's a special treat for you before I leave my computer.  Our neighbors raise Chianina cattle in the fields around Il Convento Mincione.  They run what you would call an 'old-fashioned' family business.  On my way down to Umbertide one day, I stopped and spoke to the owner of the herd and his wife and son.  She apologized for raising animals for slaughter, but assured me that they really love them and treat them well while they are in their possession.  Here they are - mothers and children. 


A presto!

Ciao for Now,
Joan
Reference:
Chianina Cattle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chianina

No comments: